JOB TITLE: Transport Manager
- To direct and oversee transportation-related operations within the organization.
- To manage staff and assists with transportation activities such as dispatching, routing, and tracking.
- To allocate duties to supervisors and drivers as per flight schedule.
- To check and maintain all the registers as per the ISO / Audit standards.
- To co-ordinate with the operations dept. for any non-scheduled, VIP and outdoor catering duties and allocate the necessary vehicles and drivers for the same.
- To maintain the list of drivers documents along with their details like license nos., ADP nos. and their validity etc.
- To ensure the license and ADP’s of the drivers are renewed on time.
- To oversee the daily maintenance of vehicles in the fleet and conduct vehicle inspections to ensure roadworthiness
- To ensure Vehicle maintenance and ensure breakdown vehicles sent to workshop for repairs are received on time and are duly fit for smooth operations.
- To ensure proper training of drivers is conducted on a regular basis.
- To ensure that staff members comply with safety rules and regulations, SOP, Airlines SOP, AVSEC driving and Road safety.
- To monitor the overtime on a daily basis.
- To liaison and develop internal and external vendors
- To go through and initial Drivers duty allocation sheet and shift reports, deep cleaning register etc.
- To make duty roster for the supervisors and drivers on a monthly basis.
- To monitor the registers including deep cleaning registers etc. and keep the records for the same as per the ISO standards.
- To ensure that job order is given for every breakdown and records are maintained for the same.
- To conduct training of the drivers on Ramp safety, aligning and de-aligning of Hi-lifts etc. and maintain records of the same.
- To counsel the drivers on absenteeism and try to minimize the overtime wherever possible.
- To promote safe work activities by conducting timely safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
- At least 5+ years experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Experience working with transport management systems and software.
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Good conflict resolution skills.